The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 27, 2011 at 12:59
Ciege
Long Time Member
December 2003
Hi all, looking for a new remote... See if you can point me in the right direction...
I used to run a URC MX-850, which I loved. That one broke after several years of use.

I have since switched to a Harmony 900, which I like but it has issues... I've gone through three of these in the past 5 months each with different issues... And with the frequent freezes and reboots of this remote the WAF (wife acceptance factor) has gone out the window...

Here are my requirements...
*) All "typical" hard buttons. I would really like to have the 4 colored hard buttons as well.
*) An LCD at the top with hard buttons associated preferable, touch screen less preferable but acceptable.
*) Able to control 10 devices minimum.
*) IR and RF compatible.
*) Rechargeable preferable, battery operated acceptable (since I will put in rechargeable batteries).
*) Computer programmable / USB compliant.
*) Would like to get away from the Harmony's Activity Based programming and go back to a macro type programming style I grew quite fond of with the MX850.
*) $500 range +/-... Willing to go higher if needed but would like to be in the $500 range initially.

Thanks all for the suggestions...

Hosting Services by ipHouse