Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday December 26, 2011 at 13:46
rjw57
Lurking Member
December 2011
Hi folks,

I am attempting to get myself out of a bad situation. I need advice. I have purchased an MX-450 from (as you can see on the subject line) an unauthorized internet reseller (something I did NOT relaize until after the product shipped). I am not holding our for any hope of help from either the vendor or Amazon, so I am here seeking advice on what avenues I can travel down to attempt ot get my remote working at the very least as a "universal" device. I have tried the process of shooting codes at my electronics and have passed with flying colors on the "test" only to discover that when trying to use the discrete codes later that they did not function (ie. on/off on my verizon fios qip-7100-1 cable box). I suppose that I could teach the 450 all of my commands one-by-one, but this seems extraordinarily difficult. I notice that there is a "CCP" database of codes, but seeing that I am not an authorized end user, I have no access to this information. What possibility is there of me contacting the manufacturer in an attempt to gain access to this information? Yes, I relaize - caveat emptor, but I would hate to have to abandon the $200+ investment if there is any hope of understanding how to make this device tick. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse