The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday December 19, 2011 at 17:58
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
It is best to send the unit in for service as you will need to replace both stickers on the back of the unit or be VERY careful when removing them as you may not be able to get replacements (Servicewidetech does not sell them).

Finally, beware that batteries advertised on ebay (wide, long, and flat) are for the RC9800i and not the TSU9800. The TSU9800 requires 2 of the batteries that are used for the 9600.

Once you remove the stickers and all rubber feet (the 2 oddly shaped ones for sure and likely one of the round rubber feet), you will see all the screws. Once you remove the screws, lift up gently on the right side of battery cover (assume that backlight button is facing away from you and that the unit is lying face-down on a towel). Once you get it lifted just a bit, slide a plastic credit card or other tool into the gap and work your way around the bottom (side facing you) and the left side. After this, you should be able to remove the cover.

WARNING - There is a high voltage power inverter on this unit that you do NOT want to touch.

Again, I recommend you send in the unit for service but if you must DIY, I will not be held liable for any screwed up labels, burn fingers, or hospital stays due to electrocution. :-)

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse