The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 15, 2011 at 14:54
rmalbers
Founding Member
October 2001
There have been a few questions on the Sony tablet S remote control app so I thought I would 'take action', so to speak.
I've been looking at a dump of the Sony tablet S and here are a few things I've found/thoughts that will give you more of an idea of how it works:
First, there are no published API's for the remote control application in the Sony tablet S SDK.
The internal data for the remote control app is stored in an SQLite version 3 database. There are really only two important database tables, one for the registered devices and one for learned IR commands for a given device/key.
The built in support currently contains/handles 3,399 devices from 1,148 'makers' (read loosely, manufacturer's).
It appears that when you register a 'supported' device the tablet 'calls home' to: ‘c o m . s o n y . n f x . a p p . i r r e m o t e s e r v i c e’ to get the IR keys/labels and IR codes for the given device.
Internally anyway, it appears each device can have up to 271 keys/labels.
As IR commands are 'learnt' (Sony's spelling) they are stored into an SQLite table by device and key.
Anyway, that’s it for now, I’ll probably look at it some more but it’s a fairly ‘closed’ system and application so it sure looks like only Sony will be making updates ( hopefully) to the Sony tablet S remote control application.

Hosting Services by ipHouse