The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 13, 2011 at 20:16
dhofferber
Lurking Member
December 2011
I'm stuck. Couldn't get the RS232 control for the Pioneer PRO-141FD to work so I connected the output to my PC and used HyperTerminal to monitor. Triggering from a MX-980 the output looks perfect (\x02**PON\x03) but no luck. And yes I'm using a null modem cable. So I messed around using test output from the various editor windows. Testing from the Power On macro window again output (\x02**PON\x03) but no luck. Testing from the Funcs menu Connected Device window same results. Then I tried the Connected Data window reached from the macro list. It worked! So I checked the output with HyperTerminal to see what was sent and it showed "Alt 2 char"**PON"Alt 3 char". "Alt 2" being the dark happy face and "Alt 3" being a dark heart. So, what is the MSC really sending in this test mode? Perhaps a hex string? HyperTerminal can't handle hex so may be decoding hex this way. If so, how can I send hex rather than ASCII form the MSC? The Kuro manual protocol says it's looking for ASCII just as I've sent. This is probably a duh moment for those who have done a number of Kuro's but it's got me. Any help would be appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse