The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday December 12, 2011 at 10:40
richmond remote
Long Time Member
December 2011
On December 12, 2011 at 10:21, Ernie Gilman said...
It did you zero help to say you thought TRC wanted you to be a mindless drone. I agree with him that it seems as though you did not read his post.

And if you found an installer that knew less about the system than you, well, that doesn't mean you should not use an installer, that means this is not the guy for this work.

It doesn't seem as though you ever sorted out what the "accessory" switch is, especially when you mention that it's less expensive than the dimmer. The dimmer gives you control. The accessory is a part that turns that dimmer on or off from somewhere else. Thus if you decide to save money by using all accessories, nothing will work. It's like building a car from scratch where you hear that an add-on overdrive gear setup (if they exist) is less expensive than a transmission, so you just put in the overdrive.

I didn't sort it out as you said, I backed off that because it was obvious that my questions were nonsensical. I described the layout hoping someone here would be of some help. I simply want some guidance other than "call an expert", I want to be able to corroborate what my installer is telling me.

Hosting Services by ipHouse