The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday December 12, 2011 at 10:01
richmond remote
Long Time Member
December 2011
On December 11, 2011 at 01:41, TRCGroup said...
Did you even read what I suggested? I suggested that you hire a pro at least as a consultant. I never suggested that you be a mindless drone.

Your AV guys seems just a little less clueless about lighting than you are.

You are dealing with high voltage, not low voltage. If you wire up an IR repeater incorrectly, you won't burn your house down. Asking how to spec light dimmers in a chat room when you clearly don't understand the concept isn't the best idea.

GLS explained it pretty well, but you still don't seem to grasp the concept.

All you stated was that you had several lights controlled by four switches. That's not enough information to give you the correct advice. Will any one switch turn on all the lights at the same time? Does each switch turn on different lights? Are any of the switches duplicated on another wall? The answers to these questions will get you better help.

OK, here is my set up, hopefully this will be helpful

1-switch for light in separate room, does not need to be controlled by remote.
2-dimmer for single recessed light in movie area, would like to be able to control
3-dimmer for 4 incandescent recessed lights in movie area, would like to control
4-dimmer for 5 incandescent recessed lights in bar area, would like to control

5-dimmer for 4 incandescent recessed lights in main entry area to the room, would like to control

6-3 way switch for 6 incandescent recessed lights in opposite side of basement which will be a sitting area, would like to control and change to dimmer

1-5 are all on the same circuit (I can switch them all off with the same switch at the breaker box), 6 is on a separate circuit.

I do not intend to install any dimmers myself, I have an electrician that will do that, I would like to purchase the switches online myself for cost control and would program the remote myself. AV guy is recommending URC MX 880 and URC MSC 400 controller. I would like to be able to have several scenes for dimmers 2-6. Look forward to replies :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse