The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday December 11, 2011 at 18:22
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
I have not had a chance to contact tech support yet, as I have not been home during the day to spend some time on the issues. I did do some work with everything today. For some reason, the Wirepath camera was causing the DVR to reboot itself every few minutes. I removed the camera and installed the old cheap Zmodo camera I had in it's place before. It worked fine. So I connected the Wirepath camera inside with a premade CCTV cable I had lying around and it worked fine. So today I decided to run some new wires, and added a couple more cameras into the system for a total of 8.

I ended up running a pair a CAT5's to the location of the Wirepath camera and used a set of Speco VIDCAT2 Power and Video over CAT5e extenders. The camera works, and I now have a line run for RS485 as well. I messed around quite a bit to get the focus right. The adjustment levers are somewhat difficult to get to. I brought my iPad outside, and had my lovely lady inside watching on the TV as well. I noticed that the best focus quality I could get was still somewhat blurry. She confirmed inside. I had to zoom in slightly more to get it clear. It is zoomed a bit more then I would like, as I was hoping for a wider coverage area, but its not too bad and the picture quality is much improved. I did notice that when I was tightening the focus and zoom levers that they would creep a little, bring the picture slightly out of focus again. I had to VERY carefully tighten the levers. I also was having some issues with the mount. Although the allen screws are tight, the camera creeps down to a certain point before it will stop. This results in the image covering the top of a bush that I do not need to cover, rather then more of the street. I will mess with that some more, it got dark before I could make more adjustments and it was getting mighty cold.

I would definitely say the quality is there with the camera's picture quality. I wish I could zoom out wider and still be able to get that clarity, but I guess it is common to have this issue. I would also love to see the focus and zoom adjustment lever either moved to gain better access or use a different approach. With those issues aside, I would definitely recommend them based on the picture quality and low light abilities and look forward to doing some comparison demos for clients.

Hosting Services by ipHouse