The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 11, 2011 at 17:46
MartyHager
Lurking Member
December 2011
I am using an Atlas OCAP 1056 remote and a Harmony SST-659 to control my audio-video components. My Yamaha HTR-5760 AV receiver has sepate power on and off controls and no power toggle. I programmed the Harmony by learning from the original Yamaha remote which is now broken. But the Atlas will only find the Power Off code using the manufacturer's search mode procedure. I have found Yamaha NEC codes that may work if I can determine how to input them into the Atlas remote. The on/off NEC hex codes that may work are:
ON - 7E-7E (7E-7E80)
OFF - 7E-7F (7E-7F81)

So here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to determine the integer values of the Yamaha IR On/Off codes from my Harmony remote?

2. Is there a translation of the Power On code into a 4 digit integer that the Atlas understands?

3. Or, is there a translation of the Power On code into a 5 digit integer and a way to enter that into an Atlas remote?

4. Currently, the Power Off function is working with standard Audio-Power key sequence. If the Power On code can be entered, is there a way to assign it to another key or key sequence so that I can use both functions. For example, one of the two macro keys?

5. The * key on the Atlas is identified as a Shift key but the manual doesn't elaborate. Can additional codes be transmitted using the Shift key in combination with other keys? And if this is possible, how are these key combinations programmed?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. If I can't solve this, I may have to give my Harmony to my wife and I will no longer be master of my domain :)

Marty

Hosting Services by ipHouse