The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Sunday December 11, 2011 at 01:24
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Just when you think you've got the difficult things covered, someone comes along and asks for something completely reasonable but probably beyond the capability of the remote.

However, I have actually seen a Yamaha input toggle command (I think), so if you program AV1 or AV2, and carefully follow instructions, maybe the TV input button might change AV1 or AV2 inputs... maybe? probably not.

Maybe your solution would be to take the Yamaha remote, that has all the source commands you need, and program it to run the satellite. I've got a customer who says he's too feeble technically to follow all this, yet he asked me to program his Yamaha remote. I successfully taught it commands for a cable box, DVD, DirecTV box, VCR, and TV. It's got a few drawbacks, mostly that there are commands for which no appropriate button exists on the Yamaha remote, so he's got to remember some screwy uses for some buttons.

That said, often, once he's got the system up, he'll pick up the DirecTV remote for channel selection, playback, and volume, because it's much better ergonomically for satellite than the Yamaha remote could ever be.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse