The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2,932 made on Saturday December 10, 2011 at 15:21
NFASTRO
Long Time Member
October 2006
From North York (northern suburb of Toronto), I am not able to pick up 15. It is definitely low power and pointed away from Canada as per member digitalcable's note.

Yes, 41 broadcasts a sub channel in SD. From what I can tell, they simply re-broadcast their HD in SD. Not sure what the purpose is since they are just wasting bandwidth. It would be great if they had new content.

What I would love to see is for the OTA broadcasters to buy content from the cable providers and put it on the subchannels..... for example, discovery channel, all news channels or whatever. Maybe the economics dont justify this. A good example is for CITYTV to re-broadcast their 24 hours all news cable channel on an OTA subchannel. But then again, is there any compelling economics to justify this? It would be heaven if CTV CH9 adds TSN on 9.2 subchannel. But wait, I am dreaming again.

If OTA channels get squeezed by wireless (see my earlier note about this new US proposal to sell half the channels to wireless), they may all be forced to double up on sub channels. We would end up with strange bedfellows, ABC on subchannel 2, CBS on subchannel 3 and PBS renting out subchannel 4.

Hosting Services by ipHouse