The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday December 8, 2011 at 11:25
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On 1323332698, jsuarez said...| The only thing I haven't figured out is how to delete a button. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the how-to.

I just picked got an R40 last week (after several years of using an MX-500 for myself and for other people's installs) and so far i like it a lot, but i'm still learning how to fully integrate it into my complicated system. I'm finding that the existing basic setup codes don't give me all the functions of my various devices so i've been using the learning feature to fine tune it to all my devices and although slow and frustrating, i'm still having fun with it all.

A few gripes are all the steps required to select then test the dozens of device codes only to discover one by one that none of them end up fully controlling my devices, and how the buttons are small, too close together, and too similar to quickly aquire by feel in the dark compared to my MX-500. The lack of instructions is also slowing me down - i'd like to see at least some online instructions and explanations for the more advanced methods for things like creating macros on the hard buttons, or how to switch between devices while creating my macro script etc.

What exactly do you mean by "how to delete a button"? Which button are you wanting to delete?
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse