The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday December 6, 2011 at 09:50
Stoobie
Long Time Member
April 2004
On December 6, 2011 at 02:18, tonym1 said...

I also have a Marmitek 8 in 1 remote that controls X10 but I don't seem to be able to get that to learn the LightwaveRF signal!!

X10 and RF are two different formats. You won't get X10 remotes to learn the LightwaveRF codes. I think your Marmitek only learns IR and the X10 RF is built in.

I didn't really make it clear in my previous posting - no universal/learning remotes can learn RF (Other than the work-round I mentioned on the Prontos). We are very lucky here in the UK that european Prontos can be programmed to send the RF codes to some home automation products. That is because of a sheer coincidence that they all use 433MHz RF in Europe and so does the ProntoNG series (to control the optional Philips IR exetender). So because Prontos can send RF at 433MHz and are fully programmable, some people have worked out the hex codes needed to control the home automation stuff and the Prontos can be used.

I have expereimented with learning the RF from an RF remote, by pointing it at the powermid and getting that to chage it to IR and then learning the IR onto the Pronto. As I said -very hit & miss but works for HomeEasy but not for LightwaveRF.

Good luck with getting the hex codes. I'll write again I think.

Stoobie

Last edited by Stoobie on December 6, 2011 10:02.
RC9500, RC5400, RU940 & Pronto Neo, Windows Vista.

Hosting Services by ipHouse