The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday December 5, 2011 at 13:01
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
On December 5, 2011 at 11:01, The_Steve_Man said...
If you look at the sys info screen it will tell you what address it is on. When you register a new remote, if it is on a different add., it change it on the receiver.

It doesnt matter if it is RF or IR the remote add. changes for both.

The receiver probably needs to be set on 1.

Thanks, Steve. I know about the infor screen and how to change the address. What I've noticed is when I register the original 5.3 IR remote (which still works for some buttons) it sets the address to 1. When I register the new 21.1 IR/UHF remote it sets the address to 3. The difference is when it's set to 1 my MX-900 works, while when set to 3 my MX-900 doesn't work. That's what I'm trying to fix.

I do know how to set the address of the box to anything I want, but don't know what address, if any, will allow BOTH the 21.1 and the MX-900 to work.

I'm now thinking the answer may be to select a different codeset (if that's the right term) from the IR database in MX-900 Editor. I'm now using the one called VIP 722 DVR, but that obviously is based on the 5.3 IR remote. Maybe one of the Dish Network[1] through Dish Network[8] will work. Any thoughts on this approach?
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse