Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 4, 2011 at 20:32
Ernie
Founding Member
November 2001
Hi guys.

I have 3 MX-980s all tied together with an MSC-400.  I have been having a strange intermittent problem that I am trying to trace down.

Every so often the MSC-400, for lack of a better term, goes a bonkers.  If I press a button on one of the MX-980s the blue LED indicator on the MSC just starts blicking like crazy well after I have release the button and any macros have finished.  Sometimes it will last 30 or 40 seconds.  Even if it is a simpel up, down, left, or right command. 

Whenever it happens I try to troubleshoot but have not be able to compleletly narrow it down becuase it is so intermittent.  I cant be sure but I think it may be one particular remote that seems to cause it and I noticed that it is running an older OS firmware then the other two, dated 11/2/2007 version 4.20.001.002 (holding the Watch+Enter button for 5 seconds on the main screen)  The other two both have 2008 firmware versions.

I have tried both the MX-980 editor and CCP and neither push out any kind of update so I assume they are not designed to do that.  Is upgrading the firmware something that can even be done?

Thanks
Ernie

Hosting Services by ipHouse