The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 4, 2011 at 19:40
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
I ordered a Wirepath 9 channel DVR and 1 500 series bullet style camera to install in my home to test and learn with.

Question 1. I cannot get either an MX900 or MX780 to control it. I tried learning right from the Wirepath remote, tried the HEX codes listed on Snap's site, and tried the URC file, nothing would work. I am running through a MRF350 with the port assigned, and tried two different emitters. I also tried adjusting the gain. I also noticed the Wirepath remote is a bit jumpy. What I mean is that a single press of the remote pointed directly at the DVR may cause the cursor to either not respond, or more often jump a couple spots on the screen.

Question 2. When viewing either on the iPad or Android phone, the image is pretty lousy. I was looking to see if there is any setting that will send more detail, even if it slows the picture down. I may have missed it, or there may simply be none. Is there a way to improve the quality viewed on either device? My hopes is to demo not only the function of be able to view on either device, but also wanted to show the difference between a decent camera and a crappy one that can be bought at your local Costco.

Question 3. I was not able to get a great image out of the camera, even viewing on a TV connected via VGA. I tried to adjust the focus and zoom to optimize the PQ. I didn't really know what settings in the camera menu to change to really make a real difference, any advice would be much appreciated.

Question 4. While trying to improve the picture, I noticed that I could not get the camera to focus while I had the lens zoomed all the way out, to allow for the widest picture possible. I had to zoom in, in order to focus. Does this sound normal?

TIA for any help, advice or comments.

Hosting Services by ipHouse