Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday December 3, 2011 at 19:33
davidcasemore
January 2003
On December 3, 2011 at 17:56, jw48335 said...
I have no motivation to do macros directly on the control itself. It should be able to do both. Everything I've seen indicates the whole point is to force you to go to a more $$$ remote to get software, when the competition offers it for 1/8th the cost. I did do my research, enough to go RF with matching control. Just as when people buy a new car and expect it to have wheels, they expect a $200+ remote to have software. It's basic functionality.

I'll ebay the dimmers as well as the remote and MRF-260. I ordered a Harmony 900 for $245, a hair more than the 450, am RF repeater for $75 less than the 260, and three Leviton RF Z-Wave dimmers for $10 cheaper/each than the Lutrons. Should have gone that direction in the 1st place since it's easy and cheaper- I was just trying to go with a fancier solution that turned out to suck. I'll check for wheels ahead of time next time.

That's the spirit! Crappier stuff for about the same amount of money! And all because you didn't read the specs! Enjoy your junk!
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse