The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday December 2, 2011 at 00:43
Munson
Long Time Member
January 2003
On December 1, 2011 at 23:48, Ernie Gilman said...

And I just pinned this down. I've got my DVR set up so that Pillar Box side bars are black. If I change this setting to gray, then the screen goes gray between channels. So the screen goes to "the color chosen in Setup for Pillar Box side bars." It does not go to gray or black per se.

I just set my Favorites to all channels and went looking. 604-1, which I do not get, hung up on gray for about three seconds, then went to a DirecTV logo with elevator mucous. Music. Whatever. Channel 612 hung up for three seconds before the DTV logo.615-1 hung up for almost ten seconds. I think this is the essence of the issue. And though something is clearly not performing properly, if this is the origin of the problem, avoiding those channels would solve the manifestation.

Good info to know on the gray verse black screen.

Favorite channels would not fix the problem. This customer puts on ESPN when he gets to his office, and leaves it on this almost all day. The problem is that, that every 45 minutes the screen goes gray, and changing the channel up one channel then back down fixes the problem.

I think the every 45 minutes in not completely accurate, because I have been there three times or 1-2 hours each time and I have never seen the problem. I know for sure that it is happening because I was sent a photo of the problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse