The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 30, 2011 at 22:01
Munson
Long Time Member
January 2003
I am having an issue with Directv receiver displaying gray screen on TV after system is on for awhile. Changing channels on the Directv receiver will fix the problem.

Here is the system overview. Directv Slimline5 dish on the roof about 100 feet of RG11 coax run from roof to multiswitch in the rack, and about 50 feet of RG6 from multiswitch to Directv receiver (I do not know what brand multiswitch is installed). Directv receiver is a HR21-100, and it is hooked to a Sony Qualia KDX-46Q005 TV. There are two other receivers in the building that as far as anyone knows, have not had an issue. Both of these receivers are H21-100, not DVR’s like the one that is having the issue. The other two receivers do not get used nearly as much as the one that they said is having the issue.

First thing customer said the Directv box was bad, I went out and they had a new box, also a HR21-100 and I installed it. I never saw the problem. Directv box was hooked up component to video 5 of the TV.

I received a call the next day that it was doing the same thing. I went out again and changed the hook up to use HDMI between the Directv receiver and TV on video 7. Again, I never saw the problem myself, I was there for over an hour. Later that day a received an emailed photo of the TV with the gray screen.

I have now tried two different Directv receivers, on two different inputs on the TV, with two different cable types. Based on what has already been done, the only things I can think of are that the TV has a problem, or the LNB or multiswitch has a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on what I should check, or what you think it might be?

Hosting Services by ipHouse