Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 27, 2011 at 15:41
violaguy
Long Time Member
June 2005
http://www.magnifyingaids.com/Flipper_TV_Remote

Original Post is below. This looks ideal: you can pre-progam up to 30 favorite channels so the user can scroll through them using the up and down buttons. It is 2-device only, perfect for someone with only a TV and cable box.

My mother is finally moving into a retirement lodge after 70 years in the same house. I'm wondering if there is a remote out there that will help make her life easier. Her cognitive abilities are fine (recently she re-wired a lamp and changed a faucet in her bathroom), but electronic gadgets have always confused her.

One of the things I'd like to find her is a remote that I can programme to scroll through only the channels she watches. There are about 15-20 channels she regularly watches, but they're all over the place. Does such a feature exist? Also, so that it's easier on her hands and eyes, it shouldn't be too small.

Any other suggestions for a centenarian-friendly remote would be very much appreciated.

If a remote requires a connection to the internet to programme, it is preferable that it's MAC OS compatible.

Thanks!

Last edited by violaguy on December 20, 2011 16:32.
Nick Pulos

Hosting Services by ipHouse