The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday November 23, 2011 at 00:08
SignatureSV
Loyal Member
July 2009
On November 22, 2011 at 21:56, sofa_king_CI said...
Yes, that's what DNS service is for, basically gives you a host that will always be tied to the IP address that it was originally setup on. Some Routers have this type of service built-in making it even easier. 

Did you get it to work with your Fios router or have to try a different router?

Also, can you change the DVR from port 80 to something like 8081? That is what I do on all my crestron systems. 

I have it working, and flawlessly too. The issue was the router. First of all FIOS's GUI is the worst i have ever dealt with, its so slow and ignorantly designed. The issue was the dropdown box that has "TCP" "UDP" & "Both" i was following snaps online router set up guide were the Data/Control has to be both and then HTTP be TCP.

For some reason the router will not accept ANY port with "Both" "UDP" chosen. Also, i found that under TCP the ONLY ports that it would accept were 5000-5099. Anything above or below would result in the error. It also would accept 65536 and above but the DVR wont accept anymore then 4 digits under its port settings.

Here are my settings that worked with fios.

Data: TCP-port 5002
Control: TCP-port 5001
HTTP: TCP-5000
Ddns:Fly2DNS
(it automatically populates the pword/Username field)

so in my particular set up i would point the browser to h ttp://sigtestdvr.fly2dns.net:5000/ie.ht m (THIS ONLY WORKS WITH IE) what i did find is that everytime i accessed it and it prompted me with the login screen it required me to change from the default 67/68 ports over to the 5002/5001. I think this is a bug in the software, ill be emailing snap about it tomorrow.

For Iphone/Ipad settings.

sigtestdvr.fly2dns.net
Data: 5002
Control:5001
the username and password is the U/P to access the DVR..NOT the dns server u/p

Once i figured everything thing out i cleared the DVR 3 times to make sure i would get consistent results every time and i have been. It is fairly straight forward and overall impressions of it is good. i think the GUI needs some help, but there alot of nice features built in. I know snap is early at this and will only get better. I really dont see any reason to go with speco/d-watchdog unless you need some crazy ###of cameras. The ipod app is simple and straight to the point. I like the swipe to change cameras. Makes it very "apple"

I really hope what i found out tonight will help others if they are working with a fios/verizon router. its all over the web that port 80 is blocked from Verizon due to that being the most popular port to get hacked. This isnt at the router but at the switching stations so there's no way around it.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse