The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 22, 2011 at 19:31
SignatureSV
Loyal Member
July 2009
I am trying to get a customers DVR setup for an install tommorow and im having a hellofa time getting remote access to work. I finally got fly2dns to work. I am on FIOS and my customer will be on crapcast. I wanted to familiarize my self with the DVR before i took it over to the customers.

I cannot get my router (verizon supplied) to properly port forward. for the stupid router to accept the port addresses i have to change all the ports around IE 10for control 11 for data and 5000 for HTTP. my verizon router blocks port 80 so that already scews things up and i assume thats the reason the iphone app isnt working since i cant change HTTP from the default of 80 to 5000.

What gives? i hate IT cr@p, especially mobile sh!t =(

ohh and i can access via fly2dns only from chrome/firefox/safari. IE doesnt work with fly2dns. However i can have access if i put the WAN ip in:5000

EDIT: EVERY F*@#$* PORT I TRY AND OPEN UP ON MY FIOS ROUTER COMES BACK "Conflicting Port Forwarding Rules:" "The Application service's ports conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering Application service."

THE ONLY ONES IT WILL LET ME OPEN UP ARE 655** BUT THE DVR WONT ACCEPT 5 DIGITS. UGH.

Last edited by SignatureSV on November 22, 2011 20:00.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse