The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Tuesday November 15, 2011 at 21:13
Terry Kennedy
Long Time Member
April 2010
On November 15, 2011 at 05:29, mariomp said...
Terry, I'll try lifting the Rcv wire as I don't use 2-way. We'll see if that helps.

Let me know if that helps. Try disconnecting any control lines if present, leaving only transmit data and ground. However, some devices may want to see certain control lines present - a discussion of that is probably outside the scope of this topic.

I was going to totally disconnect teh Pronto Network from the rest of the house, but the owners like the HAI control, which I would loose if I went the solo route.

Unfortunately, the settings (at least in my case) that give the best RFX results are ones with no security, and because of that I don't recommend connecting the access point / RFX to the main network when used in that mode. In theory, the risks can be mitigated using a combination of access controls and firewall options. If I ever connect my RFX to the rest of my network, I'll post whatever Cisco IOS config I come up with here (which may not be particularly helpful, as there probably aren't that many commercial Cisco boxes in home installations).

The thing that pisses me off a bit if that for the money that RFX9600 was selling for, you would think there would be a way to buffer commands like the RTI and URC does; oh well...

There are probably 2 underlying RFX9600 issues:

1) The RFX9600 doesn't have a lot of CPU power
2) Processing some commands is time-critical, while for others I'd prefer a retry, and for others silently ignoring a failure. But there's no way to specify this in the config, so the TSU/RFX processes everything in a "must happen immediately or report failure" mode. Plus, the TSU itself has a very short timeout when sending commands to the RFX.

Hosting Services by ipHouse