The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Saturday November 12, 2011 at 10:38
mariomp
Loyal Member
November 2006
On November 11, 2011 at 23:56, Lyndel McGee said...
Mario, do you have matching firmware on the extenders? And also, please be aware that the Prontos communicate with the extender using UDP and sequence numbers. There is a handshake up front when Pronto wants to use the extender. If the extender is busy, it should report such.

However, based on the design of the communication protocol between TSU and RFX, the RFX9600 and RFX9400 were never really intended to support more than a single Pronto. That's the only way I've ever run the setup with a single exception. My lighting controller is on a single RFX but I can safely say that I have never used 2 remotes on same extender at one time as I'm either in the living room or the bedroom.

Lyndel, it's good to hear from you again; it's been too long.

The firmware is the same on both TSU and RFX; whatever the last release was. I can get you the versions when I go back there on Thursday.

In mentioning the UDP protocol, is there something I can try to adjust on the WAP side of things?

The issues I'm having are not necessarily related to two units fighting for a single RFX.
Last night as I was typing the post I was the only one in the house and still had the problems with the RFX9600 being busy. I occasionally get the "busy by another user" but that happens rarely.

Major issue is with one TSU sending a few commands to be base unit.
I'll be changing channels on the DirecTV box (RS232) and 5 or 10 presses will go thru and then the base will stop responding; busy light lit, and RFX9600 for 30-45 seconds. No other functions lighting up on the RFX9600. I don't use any 2 way communication with the connected devices.
Something is causing the RFX9600 to over-flood or just get stupid. Or the network (WAP?) is flooding the RFX, not sure.

If you guys think it's the dedicated WAP, I'll get one that you recommend.
If you think it's the router, I'll swap that as well.

These people spent too much money on the system for it not to do a simple thing like switch channels.
I'm pissed off for them, and with them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse