The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 9, 2011 at 22:55
rkaczano
Long Time Member
November 2011
Further to my post on Nov 9th (MX-900/RC-126 and Windows Media Center)....

In that post I was dealing with my URC 350 not working on a Windows Media Center. The fix was a Windows Registry edit to work around WMC mitigating the "bounce" issue with remotes.

I have a slightly different issue with my Shaw Gateway products (PVR/DVR). I too LEARNED the codes into my MX-350. However I did not LEARN them in directly from the Shaw remotes themselves. I have an MX-900 which works correctly and I tried to LEARN in the Shaw commands from the MX-900 to the MX-350. [Note this is a short term fix. I will eventually only be using MX-900s]

When I click on the right cursor it goes two spaces at a time. However I cannot go left. or down. Up works fine. Can't seem to fix this with the LEARN method.

I actually have two Shaw Gateway going through an HDMI switch (Geffen). They are fired by a URC 260 Base Station. My MX-900 is smart enough to know which Gatway box to use and which HDMI switch to turn on. When I use my MX-350 I have a more manual approach. I thought it would be easier to simply LEARN straight from the MX-900. Although I can direct the MX-350 to the Base Station, I don't think I can direct it to a specific IR input on the Base Station (i.e. specific Gateway box). So I tried to LEARN straight from the MX-900

Any ideas what would create the double cursor effects and no cursor effects on my MX-350?

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse