Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 6, 2011 at 23:44
greenstarfish03
Lurking Member
November 2011
Hello,

I have read several threads on programing the MX-450 and I have seen alot of good info, but I still have a few questions. Here is a list of my components:

TV: Vizio-VF551XVT
Reciever: Onkyo- TX-NR709
DVD: Samsung- BD-D5300/ZA
SAT: Dish Network

Currently on the last page of my display I have each device setup, but I'm not convinced I have the best codes for each device. TV:0386, DVD:0352, SAT: 0187, Audio:0781

Then on the first page I have 4 activities set up. Watch TV, Watch Movie, Listen Music, and All Off. I'm trying to get these to work right before I add anything else.

I understand the basic concept of creating macros and my current macros basicaly seem to fail b/c I don't have good discrete on/off buttons for me devices. For instance when I set up Watch TV I used the hard on and off keys for the macro but the off key turns the tv on and off and so does the on key. I have this issue on all my components except for the SAT. On the TV I have soft on and off buttons in the menu but they don't work or I think I would be bale to do this. DVD I don't have any discrete power buttons, and again I don't have any discrete power buttons for the Onkyo. Seems to me if someone could help me find the best codes for my devices that would help and then second if you could help me figure out how to add or aquire the discrete power buttons for my devices it would help me alot.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse