The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday October 28, 2011 at 11:35
squareeyes
Long Time Member
February 2007
On October 28, 2011 at 03:04, rsblaski said...
I will be getting a Harmony 900 from Amazon on Monday and have a few questions while I anxiously wait for delivery.
If I have a problem using the blaster and mini blasters in my a/v cabinets, does anyone have a suggestion as to getting a splitter and extra emitters? I know Logitech sells their "precision" ir cables, but when you order, do you get just one or a two-piece set? (Their web site is a little ambiguous.They say you can control up to eight devices, but their illustration only shows one cable with four emitters.) At $24.99 for a pair, it wouldn't be so bad, but if you only get one, I would think that it would be overpriced.
Does anyone have suggestions for after-market emitters and splitters?
Another concern is that I have two DirecTv dvrs in my cabinet. They use two different remote code sets. During the process of adding devices, does Logitech provide codes for the two sets or will I have to "learn" them afterwards?
The last question I have (for now) is whether there will be a problem getting my hdmi switch into the mix. It is a powered Monoprice switch that is not listed in the Harmony supported devices. I currently have all of my input devices (2 dvrs, a Toshiba HD-DVD player, an Oppo DVD player, and a PS3) running into the switch, and from there into my receiver. Will the Harmony 900 have any problem controlling the switch?
Thanks for any and all answers, comments and suggestions.

1. I used a splitter, adapter and cable from my friendly neighborhood RShack and it works just fine. It essentially allows me 4 leads off the back of the main blaster. Two of which I use for the mini blasters and the other two I have going direct in to the receiver and CD disc changer as they both have IR in ports on the back.

2. I'll defer this one to other users with 2 DirecTV receivers.
3. S/A
randall c
your source for harmony remote icons: www.iconharmony.com
follow icon updates & av news at [Link: twitter.com] & [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse