The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday October 28, 2011 at 03:04
rsblaski
Long Time Member
November 2002
I will be getting a Harmony 900 from Amazon on Monday and have a few questions while I anxiously wait for delivery.
If I have a problem using the blaster and mini blasters in my a/v cabinets, does anyone have a suggestion as to getting a splitter and extra emitters? I know Logitech sells their "precision" ir cables, but when you order, do you get just one or a two-piece set? (Their web site is a little ambiguous.They say you can control up to eight devices, but their illustration only shows one cable with four emitters.) At $24.99 for a pair, it wouldn't be so bad, but if you only get one, I would think that it would be overpriced.
Does anyone have suggestions for after-market emitters and splitters?
Another concern is that I have two DirecTv dvrs in my cabinet. They use two different remote code sets. During the process of adding devices, does Logitech provide codes for the two sets or will I have to "learn" them afterwards?
The last question I have (for now) is whether there will be a problem getting my hdmi switch into the mix. It is a powered Monoprice switch that is not listed in the Harmony supported devices. I currently have all of my input devices (2 dvrs, a Toshiba HD-DVD player, an Oppo DVD player, and a PS3) running into the switch, and from there into my receiver. Will the Harmony 900 have any problem controlling the switch?
Thanks for any and all answers, comments and suggestions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse