The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday October 14, 2011 at 15:43
KRAZYK
Long Time Member
October 2010
On October 10, 2011 at 18:35, JonW747 said...
Basically some of the CI's feel they can't compete in the market place based on their own merits and yell and scream at their suppliers that they won't support their line unless they protect it.

On the flip side, URC expects the people who sell the Remotes to support it, but they mostly just want to move a lot of hardware.

So you end up with this wonderful situation where some of the CI's are selling remotes on the "black market" due to the demand generated by DIY'ers/hobbyists, others screaming about the first group, and URC just trying to keep everyone contented enough that the end users don't bug them with questions, but still benefit from the higher volume of sales.

Oh, and the DIY'er/hobbyists stuck in the middle and often insulted, for just wanting to buy and use a decently designed remote control.

+1 Very true.

I bought my set-up from a CI and learned CCP myself. He came over to my place and played with my MX-5000 which I programmed. His reply was he wished he had the time to do what I did with my programming; but his customers just won't pay for that kind of setup! It would be to expensive!
KRAZYK

Things you own end up owning you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse