Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Monday October 10, 2011 at 14:12
JonW747
September 2006
On October 9, 2011 at 15:02, goldenzrule said...
What is even easier then having a customer look to see what is on and what is off and what to press and what not to press, is to built a system that works, every time, as designed. I know my clients appreciate the ease of use and the reliability. Although the only thing required to fix a problem is to return to the main menu and choose the activity they are trying to start, this is not something that my client should HAVE to do. I understand that s*&# happens and sometimes there will be a hiccup. However, you make it sound like it is a normal thing to consistently have to fix issues. If that is happening, then the system is either not programmed properly, or the wrong equipment was chosen for the task.

There's nothing to "fix". If it's on and you want it off, you press off. If it's off and you want it on, you press on.

The URC approach to RF is flawed "by design" and hence it's impossible to build a system that works every time using their gear.

There are certainly extra steps I could take to get better performance such as installing an MSC-400 with specific sensors to track the state of my devices, using multiple antennas to clear up some dead spot issues, and replacing all my remotes on a regular basis so nobody ever would have to deal with a button press not being registered; but it's certainly not worth the additional expense to me - and it still can't deal with the "flaws" I mentioned.

When you use two or more remotes at the same time, the signals WILL collide and even interfere with each other - the worse case being a unintended code is issued to an unintended device.

Hosting Services by ipHouse