The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Sunday October 9, 2011 at 15:02
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On October 9, 2011 at 12:02, JonW747 said...
All of my gear is centrally located and controlled by an MRF base unit, and then distributed out to the zones using multiple outputs from the DVRs and other dedicated devices. I have a remote at each TV, which makes things much easier.

I of course take advantage of discrete codes and some devices are just hot all the time. But even when this doesn't work out, it's not hard to look at a TV screen and see that it's on, and then look at what's on the TV screen and tell that it's not oh say the DVD menu. So you press "ON", and the system sends out the codes to turn the DVD on and select it again.

If you don't see what you want, press ON.

If you're done, and it hasn't gone away, press OFF.

Not so tough...

What is even easier then having a customer look to see what is on and what is off and what to press and what not to press, is to built a system that works, every time, as designed. I know my clients appreciate the ease of use and the reliability. Although the only thing required to fix a problem is to return to the main menu and choose the activity they are trying to start, this is not something that my client should HAVE to do. I understand that s*&# happens and sometimes there will be a hiccup. However, you make it sound like it is a normal thing to consistently have to fix issues. If that is happening, then the system is either not programmed properly, or the wrong equipment was chosen for the task.

Hosting Services by ipHouse