The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Wednesday October 5, 2011 at 06:41
kevinvinv
Long Time Member
October 2008
These guys can keep their software- within one year or so I'll be able to make a remote exactly the way I want it- by using an iPad and WiFI... too boot- it will be cheaper than having a so called Pro do it.

A real pro- would be customer driven- and would reap the benefits by accessing a massive amount of hungry customer base. Instead- they'll lose out as technology makes itself more and more accessible to the DIY. It's a remote control for peat sake- lets not forget this...

For now, b/c the Ipad route is not quite mature enough for me- I got around the lame URC RF protocol by spending a bunch of time and money wiring in an IR distribution system. It works fine (better than URC RF, that is for sure). It was frustrating to have to do that but I think it was the best route for now. Certainly better than paying a so called pro to come in with their attitude and all- finding out that URC has a built in problem with the RF and then having to help him find a solution anyway.

Ha ha- not trying to have an attitude - as you can tell from all my posts but this one- it's just that I get tired of the attitude received from others.

Have a great day!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse