Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday October 4, 2011 at 14:09
JonW747
September 2006
The MX-850 is a terrific remote. It's lack of features are primarily s/w related and could be easily addressed by URC if they actually cared to do so.

The fact you can get 10 buttons on a page is terrific. The fact they have a left side and a right side makes a lot of functions more intuitive. The Listen button is a concept I don't even use on my MX-900 - I just use it as a way to select a device without switching to it (something you can do on with the MX-850 by just holding down Main).

The FAV button is very handy as well.

Personally, I can't take advantage of variables in my remotes because I can have more than one remote controlling things my system at any one time.

Fortunately, there have always been workarounds for most scenarios. My general working theory is that a human can look and see if something is off, and then just push the on button. If it's on when they want it off, then they can figure out to push off.

My ideal remote would combine the programming flexibility of the newer remotes, with the layout of the MX-850, add the skip buttons, and a dedicated record button - and top it off with gemstone buttons re-designed to withstand millions of presses.

A, B, C, D buttons wouldn't be a bad idea either as most DVRs have something like that.

I wish I could see a better picture of the 780, it looks like it has a lot of buttons including a set of special function buttons.

Hosting Services by ipHouse