Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday September 29, 2011 at 16:36
gpaul_snapav
Snap AV
March 2011
Greetings,

Glad to see interest in our product! I thought I would jump in and provide some more information to the very good points made in this thread:

•Soffit Mount– Our goal was to offer an attractive low profile dome. As long as the lens is within 50⁰ off of the center axis there is no loss of LEDs or an issue with the “wave” in housing design blocking the lens. See our 500 or 700 Dome Support tab for more information [Link: snapav.com]

•Video Test port – we are working to incorporate this useful feature in the future.

•Optional back box / connection locations – stay tuned, we have a host of mounting options on the way to accommodate many different applications and provide a place to locate baluns and wiring.

•Joystick position – agreed, it is in a difficult location and we are addressing this. We do offer a neat feature to control the OSD by using RS485 (PTZ) commands. So once the camera is installed, you can use a DVR or PTZ controller to make OSD adjustments without having to get back on the ladder. See our website and videos for more information on this.

•Test monitor – again stay tuned, we have a really cool installation aide in the works!

Thanks for the support and the feedback! Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.
G. Paul Hess
SnapAV Chief Product Officer
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse