The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday September 28, 2011 at 15:11
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 28, 2011 at 10:51, PSS said...
So I just saw on another post that the new "Elite" has no control codes, WOW!

Where's that thread, please? (I found it and listed it at the bottom.)

What would you use for an alternative for quality (I know some of you don't care for lcd or the new Elite to begin with). Seriously, I need to find a quality 70" for a client fairly soon, that can be controlled via discrete ir and/ or 232.

For years, we used what we had to use -- channel up followed by however many input toggles we needed to get to the correct input. If channel up puts the TV in its tuner mode, that should work here. Not pretty, but functional.

On the other hand, a couple of the posted responses above indicate that this set (just one? several? which model numbers?) use Sharp codes. Someone should try some Sharp codes from, say, the RTI database to see if there's a codeset there that works.

Someone who really NEEDS to know might just get into the old Pronto IR management programs, determine the exact ID of the codes in the yahoo forums, and then create, using those programs, a full set of totally correct codes.

We won't know until someone at Pioneer gives it up, or someone else goes through these motions, if the set actually doesn't respond to discrete codes, or if they just haven't been made known to us yet.

This is an indication that Pioneer really doesn't care very much whether their products are used in really good systems.

edit: found the other thread: [Link: remotecentral.com]

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on September 28, 2011 15:21.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse