The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday September 27, 2011 at 20:50
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On September 27, 2011 at 19:54, ichbinbose said...
uhmmm, yeah you can make it work, as my Slimline dish with 5LNB head is mounted on a fence post that is part of my fence (as I said its been this way for the last 4 years & I have never had to tweak it).
I would not recomend doing it for a client though, and definatly not as a stand alone installation option.

You can make it work is not the answer he was looking for.  I can lay it on the ground and liquid nail it to a rock and it will work for a minute.    

Again, the pole that you find at HD or Lowe's for the corner of a chainlink fence is not the same pole as DirecTV.   You can "rig" it up, but he's not in the "rigging up" business.  

Just trying to save him the hassle of combing through the HD aisles looking for the right size pole.

The poles that you find at HD or Lowes are 1 5/8 or 2 3/8.  The DirecTV system needs 2" OD.  You certainly can't put 2" on 2 3/8" , so we'll work off the 1 5/8 or 1.7"  

So now how do you expect to close a 3/8" gap in a DirecTV mount?, still align it, make the customer happy, and keep your good company name?

DirecTV is about an 1/8 of an inch accurate to 23,000 miles.  Let's use the right poles. 

And they can't be found at HD or Lowe's

Last edited by Hasbeen on September 27, 2011 21:09.

Hosting Services by ipHouse