The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday September 26, 2011 at 14:43
sveris
Lurking Member
August 2011
Thanks again for the detailed instructions. I can enter TV code 1886 and gain control of a few DVD functions, but some of the ones you say will work do not work for my Emerson LD200EM8 TV/DVD combo unit. I can use POWER, VOLUME, MUTE, MENU, PLAY, PAUSE, and STOP to control the DVD; and the UP, DOWN, RIGHT and LEFT arrow keys function during the DVD MENU selection. The ASPECT key works in TV mode, but will not change the screen size while watching a DVD.

But no matter what I do, I cannot use FFWD or REV. I tried programming the codes using the 994 Command Keymover (one device mode), but to no avail. The one thing I did notice while using the RCA RCRP05B is that the TV light on the remote blinks when controlling the DVR functions. I had expected the DVR light on the remote to blink - indicating the remote is in the DVD control mode. If I press the DVD remote button once - to put the remote in DVD control mode - then none of the buttons control the DVD.

So, I am slight better off than before, because I can use the PLAY, PAUSE, and STOP functions remotely - without having to walk to the unit.

However, I want to add/clarify some information - just to make sure I'm not trying to do something that is impossible. This Emerson LD200EM8 TV/DVD combo unit only has physical buttons for STOP, PLAY, and EJECT. There are no additional ones, i.e., no FFWD or REV buttons on the unit itself. Could that be why I cannot use these functions? I'm not the original owner of this unit, but find it hard to believe that Emerson sold a unit with a factory remote that did not have these functions.

Additional help would be appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse