The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Sunday September 25, 2011 at 19:51
andrewv44
Lurking Member
September 2011
I dropped my harmony from less than 2 ft. and the screen stopped responding, it wasn't broke but it would not respond to touch at all, although every thing else was still working.

I followed the instructions of @salsaman to open the remote and see if there was something that I could do to fix it, turns out the touch screen ribbon connector got loose from the drop, I only had to reconnect it, I then replaced the clear tape and went on to reassemble the remote, got the battery back in place and voila, the touch screen was fully functional again. Thanks @salsaman!

I would have hated to have to buy a new remote or even having spent any time trying to get help form the guys at Logitech, looks like there isn't much help there form what I read here and I much rather spend time giving back a little writing this post, so my advice is go ahead and try to fix it your-self, it might be something as simple as what happened to me and don't be discouraged by Logitech's "The Harmony One was never intended to be opened" crap, it is really easy to open!

Hosting Services by ipHouse