The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday September 21, 2011 at 10:16
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
On September 21, 2011 at 02:03, sofa_king_CI said...
They've changed the courses. Now you take:
Intro to Crestron 4 days
Systembuilder 3 days
Essentials 3 days
Intermediate 3 days

Plus lighting Control systems programming , 3 days

You can go straight from intro to essentials, but SB is a great tool for a new dealer as long as you sell within the automated limits of SB built programs.

It's far more complexed than ccp and ID, but doesn't have to be.

My apologies for the misinformation. I was not aware that they had made the change already. I suspect that what you have now is a LOT less marketing in the Essentials class and that has been rolled into the Intro course. Good deal. Regardless, he needs to take the courses and set his expectations accordingly. Geez, three days for Essentials is tight but not impossible. It will require that you be computer literate and that you have an updated machine when you arrive to class. Sooooo many people show up to class expecting the instructor to update the machine for them.

Yep, it's a lot of training classes but you need that much training to really be proficient with Crestron. You left out the Programming for Certification class which I believe is still 3 days, plus Master's classes are 3 days and when the new Design Studio drops there will be more classes, even for those of us that are Certified/Master Certified. A different thread mentioned a new SIMPL# class coming, which sounds awesome, that will be required for all.

I agree that it is more complex and it will take you time to figure out how to make the program you write to sing. You WILL write bad code at the start of your programming career. Ask any programmer who has been doing Crestron for over 5 years and they will tell you they wish they could go back are rewrite those first dozen or so programs. For me, my biggest hurdle was going from Crestron programming back to something like URC or RTI where I was limited in what I could do. I found it exceedingly frustrating to go to a job and try to program some other remote and run into a problem and not being able to apply the same logic I could in Crestron. I finally decided to quit programming remote controls and focus solely on programming control systems. So far my choice has been a positive step in my life.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse