The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Wednesday September 21, 2011 at 09:17
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
Decided last night to update the Now Playing page for my XM Radio activity. My intial Now Playing page simply displayed the channel and song information exactly as received from the XRt12 via the "GetChannelInformation\r" and "GetSongInformation\r" commands using two panels. That being said, I was forcing the first line of text returned for each to be displayed outside the boundaries of the given panel as the first line of text for each simply calls out the command used. Taking that a step further my Now Playing page now contains individual panels for category name, channel name, channel number, artist name, song title, antenna strength and radio ID. I'm then populating each panel with the data which is returned for the given "get" command that applies. By resizing each panel to only allow for one line of text to be displayed and adding line breaks where needed I've been able to display just the specific data that I want on each panel. Screenshot of my udpated Now Playing page shown below.

For anyone familiar with the XRt12 you'll notice that I've replicated the actual display of the unit. Found a high quality image of the XRt12 online. Cropped the image to only include the display area, resized accordingly, rounded the corners, did some clean up work, then added a drop shadow and bevel for good measure. Took a little while to get the various text panels sized and positioned just right. Was well worth the effort in the end. Could not be more pleased with the way it turned out. For those interested in checking out this latest update firsthand my current configuration file can be downloaded via the first post of this thread. Enjoy!

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 12:20.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse