The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday September 21, 2011 at 08:07
Tennant
Founding Member
January 2002
On September 20, 2011 at 19:57, Grimmace said...
How do you like the tablet so far as a remote?

Fuctionally it is fine...has learnt all my remotes ok, except for the Media Centre PC which uses RC6 codes (Prontos couldn't copw with this either). The IR blaster seems suitably powerful enough to reach all the kit without having to point directly at it.

The standard Sony software is just a bit basic...I'd like the ability to build macros and to design my own backgrounds and button layouts etc. However being an Android device I'm hoping that 3rd-party apps will fill this requirement.

The web browser isn't quite as fast as my iPad (original iPad not iPad2) and it takes a while to negotiate the wifi connection after waking up from sleep; but these are minor niggles. As a device for sitting on the living room table instead of a bunch of remotes, and to quickly look up something online related to something on TV or in a movie it is, so far, looking good. Ergomically it is better suited for this than the iPad.

Battery life isn't as good as I'd hoped...particularly in standby, which means it's probably going to need a charge every other day or so...have therefore ordered a charging dock which will hopefully minimise the risk of picking up the tablet to find it's flat and I can't turn the TV on!

Tennant

Hosting Services by ipHouse