Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Thursday September 15, 2011 at 22:57
bmelloh
Lurking Member
September 2011
Hello, 3FG et al.

I truly appreciate your generous, friendly, and professional help to others here. I'm hoping you can help me as well. I just installed a replacement Cable box and programmed the remote to my TV. The Remote was working for both, then I walked away for a bout an hour and now it only works for the TV.

Cable box: Motorolla DCX-3400/A385/000/320
Remote: "Platinum" w/ red OK/Select button for 3 devices (5 digit codes)
TV (thought probably not important): Samsung P2770HD

I have tried reseting to default w/ 981 and recoding with every single code listed in this thread to no avail. Does it need to be registered to this specifc box (directv remotes need a 6 digit code to match to a specific box). I did notice this box has a small indicator when receiving a signal - it no longer seems to be receivign/recognizing a signal.

In that hour, I did no physical damage. The ONLY thing that I did that may have any relevence was I pressed "Guide" on the OLD remote programed for the OLD box.

Thanks for your time.

PS: I saw somewhere that 'light interference' may be an issue - it's night and I tried it w/ the TV and lights off. Not a light issue. Hopefully you can help out b/c I don't see how it just magically stopped working - now I'm stuck watching the tabloid show "extra"... torture!

Hosting Services by ipHouse