The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday September 14, 2011 at 10:17
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
Yes, outdoor is best, waaay better than indorrs, but my brother used a Channel Master 4228 UHF antenna in his attic for FM reception and I was pretty surprised at that he was even getting channel 2, which has to be the biggest pain in the a** to get wherever I've put up an antenna. Try the attic first, but you usually lose 50% of the antenna`s gain in the attic--meaning it will work twice as good outside.

The silver sensor is a UHF antenna and CFTO (CTV) transmits on 9, CHCH on 11, so this antenna my not be in your best interest.

The antenna I mentioned that my brother is using for his radio, is a Hi VHF Ch's 7-13 and UHF 14-51 --even though Sun News is on 66.

I've had good luck with this antenna and even better luck with off-shore imitations because you can point 4 bays (half of the antenna) in one direction and the other half in the opposite direction. In your case being in the T.O. area, you would probably be able to get Buffalo and Toronto with the entire antenna pointing towards the CN tower, that's what a lot of guys in this forum seem to experience.

Hamilton, on the other hand seems to be difficult from the Toronto area to get, but by adjustsing half of the antenna (the off-shore ones are hinged)you might get 11, 36 and 15. I pick up the Eagle Star 8 bay uhf antenna here in St. Catharines for $50.00 and in its stationary position atop my 30 foot tower I'm getting 28 channels--everything on the list except for WPXJ and WBBZ.

In google images search eagle star db8 antenna and you'll see it there. It measures about 3' x 3` square. very light and easy to assemble

Where you decide to put the antenna is another thing. I reccomend a tower, or the roof, but how high is your roof? and how are you with heights?

If you`re willing to make a small investment: antenna, tripod, or tower, mast, and some good cable and maybe a signal amplifier, you`ll have a maintenance-free and reliable system for decades.

Hosting Services by ipHouse