The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 13, 2011 at 21:35
Closettv
Lurking Member
September 2011
Can someone give me some advice on improving tv reception? I live north of Highway 7, west of Bathurst. I am using a Phillips Silver Sensor indoor antenna with an amplifier. The tv is upstairs in a bedroom with a window facing south. The reception is sometimes great, but spotty at other times, and different channels will be affected at different times. CTV is now the most challenging to receive, but there are issues with Global and City-tv as well. When I hold the antenna out the window the reception is great, even picking up some Buffalo stations. Obviously, this is not a solution. I have tried moving the antenna, and I even built an antenna using coat hangers, but no improvement. I cannot place the antenna outside for a couple of reasons I won't mention. Will purchasing a better antenna, and/or placing it in the attic help? The house is brick, with stucco ceilings (I've heard that stucco can diminish reception, but not sure if that's true), with a shingled roof. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse