The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 11, 2011 at 21:42
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Someone asks about this every 6 months or so. Im asking again to see whats available and what really works.

I have a job where we are using sonance visual performance speakers. Some of the "brackets" were not installed so i have to cut them out. Sheet rock. Job site is still in the dusty stage so now is the time to do it. What are you using? Where can i get it?

I also have about 20 in-ceiling speakers on the porches/decks. Looks like 2" of MDF. Could be real wood but its up high and i havent looked at it closely. Been working on the lighting this week. There is a 4" hole in the center of each one. Since most of the large hole saw tools require the center point to guide it i have to block out the hole with 2"X2" to get a solid surface for the center point. Before i bother blocking all of them up... Is there a tool that compensates for this? Maybe lets you attach it at each end of a center hole ?

So something like this but with the ability to attach the two "flanges" to the drywall? Seems like it would be expensive to have the flanges stay put while the rest of the saw spins. Worth a shot.

Thanks
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse