The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 9, 2011 at 22:56
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Guess what?, I decided a few hours ago to update my Sansung TV (LNT 71 Series) Firmware since Samsung Canada (and USA has the same) recently posted a new firmware for my TV. Well after a several hours nightmare I went from 2002 version to version 2004 of the firmware and now I can only get DTV from Toronto. No buffalo at all!, all settings on the menu seems to be the same (LNA ON,) but the fact is that suddenly I lost all buffalo but the rest of the TV's in the home are fine including my 9242 Bell Sat receiver's ATSC tuner.

I guess is time to call Samsung once again (like 6 times tonight) and ask them if they can downgrade me to my factory default firmware 2002!. Its been a nightmare because they have the half right half wrong firmware on both websites. 2 types of Frame Rate Control boards were built at the time for these TV's so some people use the 1XXX series firmware and I am using the 2XXX series. Guess what?, on the website they only have the 1014 version so It acctually screwed my TV initially several hours ago (white screen only but audio ok), because they are not advicing anyone to make sure its tv is compatible (or I had just suggested them to put both version and a warning notice) (acctually the software engineer should have written code that verifies this and stop from loading the wrong firmware in the first place). Of course they wanted me to put a request for a Service guy to fix it onsite (I am out of warranty and they did not mention it was free of charge so me being a cuban therefore not trusting this americans, lol, I insisted that all I needed was the proper firmware for my tv that even blindfolded I could flash it like I did (shaving at 6 am in the middle of a black out back in havana came handy for this blind firmware flash since the tv had sound but only white screen I could not see the menu but I knew it was responsive to RC, lol).

So there you have it , if it aint broken do not upgrade the firmware on your TV because you could end up with way less DTV channels like me!, lol. The tuner is the same , the firmware is making the difference now!. And I was hoping at least they had fixed the Info TV show description being cut half its content or maybe also next show descriptions as well (it does not have an EPG not even via PSIP so it only shows Now or Current show info but only 3 or 4 lines). I do not see any other changes with this new firmware , will play with motion plus and the likes and see if they improved something).

Hosting Services by ipHouse