The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday September 1, 2011 at 08:33
WarrenL
Long Time Member
June 2010
On May 14, 2011 at 10:11, el gran chico said...
Not a rumour, just a fact. The parameters for Digital 20 will change more or less simultaneously when analog 5 goes down, and that will happen some time on August 31st. Mr. Marcotte of CBC mentioned this at a SMPTE meeting back in March held at Ryerson. I don't have the link but if you google it, the webcast is archived.

You were right, CBLT went full power at midnight. I watch a in and out picture on CBLFT (thought it would be cool to watch analog go off in Toronto) on Ch.25 while switching back and fourth to CBLT and TVO on 19, to check signal levels. When analog when out at midnight, I went back and check CBLT it signal levels increase drastically at midnight. CBLT was showing more signal for me then WNYO, which is only 50 miles from me, CBLT about 110 air miles. I also seen a difference on CICA and was able to get it. Although both stations bounce in with a momentary picture, there was not enough trop to lock onto the signal, but considering how bad the analog signal was on Ch.25 before the shutdown, I am confident I will see those station with a littler Trop. I am currently able to see signal on CBLT in the rain, not enough to get a picture, but considering how much my signal drops in the rain, I am impress. CBLT is a real power house.

Hosting Services by ipHouse