The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday August 31, 2011 at 09:36
Larry Watching TV
Long Time Member
August 2010
My preamp is a CM 777 (I think, or a 776) - its only a UHF pre-amp. I'm considering swapping that for a good VHF/UHF preamp to see if I can pull in 11.1 and 67.1 but because some folks have said CHCH drastically cut their strength does anyone think I'd even have a chance of pulling that in from where I live?

Channel Master model 7775 was a UHF only amplifier. Internally it is the same as the 7777, but missing the components for the FM trap and VHF section. As far as I can remember, (I did have it up initally but replaced it with the 7777) it will not pass the VHF, as the input has a filter. Connecting a VHF antenna to the 7775 will only reduce your UHF signals, as you are introducing more equipement for the UHF signals to travel through before it enters the amplifier. Replacing the amplifier with the UHF/VHF model (7777) should get you CHCH. I have heard of different people in the Toronto area getting 67.1, but they had a separate VHF antenna like the Antenna Craft Y10-7-13 or Winegard YA-1713.
I just built and installed a VHF-HI antenna based on the designs I found here:
[Link: imageevent.com]
[Link: digitalhome.ca]
With a separate VHF-HI antenna, you may get sporatic ch 67.1 reception, as weather plays a big role in reception. WBBZ may also make changes to improve their northern reception, as at one time when I inquired, they said they may look into that in the future once the Canadian digital switchover has taken place.

Hosting Services by ipHouse