The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday August 30, 2011 at 11:45
In North-West Brampton, ON
Long Time Member
February 2009
Interesting results NFASTRO. Just curious if you are using a preamp and if so which one? (is it a VHF & UHF preamp?)

I haven't had my antenna adjusted in over 3 years and I'm sure a lot has changed. I probably should get up there to play around. Back when I first installed it we used NBC 2.1 as our target as at the time it was by far the hardest buffalo station to dial in. We adjusted the antenna until we got the strongest 2.1 signal and then tightened her down. I think right now the antenna is actually facing a bit east of Buffalo (its hard to say). Its definitely aiming "towards" buffalo and I'm picking up all the Toronto stations no problem with my east facing wing. We'll see how much movement towards hamilton I'd need to get 11.1 back without losing too many other stations. I'd imagine the odd time I get a rochester station would diminish completely. But who cares.
DB8 antenna, CM 7777 VHF/UHF pre-amp; working beautifully with the ATSC tuners in our 46" Sony XBR4 LCD and 65" Panasonic GT50 plasma.
*Now receiving 25 unique and reliable OTA channels ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse