The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday August 27, 2011 at 14:32
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
On August 27, 2011 at 08:08, BluPuk said...
Check out the signal strength of every Canadian channel vs most of the U.S. channels. Therein lies the difference between the two countries. Canadians get NO respect from their government.

Well acctually we are still in no position to compare both EIRP levels, oficially our stations are still in testing phase beleive it or not. Coming Sept 1st that is another story. The other thing is, pretty much like with analog over 60 years ago the US TV stations started first therefore its contour had to be protected from every new Canadian station. The same happens now, they started and switched to digital first , 2 years ago, therefore Canadian TV stations are limited on the EIRP levels they can use in other to protect its neighbourgs. We might not like it as TV viewers but that is the way it works and should work. There is no way to stop Radio signals travelling across borders therefore Countries are aware of it and agree on sharing info and act accordingly to avoid interference. Well , in most cases that is.

I juts tried and still I get nothing from ch 11 but even ch 18 hardl yever worked for me since the whole house is in the way. I would not surprise me that they acctually crancked up the TX after receiving so many complaints.

Hosting Services by ipHouse